You may have seen some of my previous pancake recipes on here and noticed that I don’t seem to be eating them lately. Well, here is why: I am cutting. That means that in order to burn bodyfat, I have lower carbs and lower fats in my overall diet. So, sadly, my high carb and high protein pancakes had to go. I still freaking LOVE pancakes, and couldn’t stand the thought of not having a protein pancake every morning! So I created a lower carb version that is packed full of awesome micronutrients!
These are not your average pancake. If you are used to normal bread-like pancakes, don’t expect that. However, if you’re looking for something that has a low carbohydrate breakdown, is packed full of micronutrients and protein, then give these a shot! They are quite green…like shamrock green. But I absolutely LOVE them!
- handful of spinach
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/4 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped or “riced” cauliflower
- 1 tbs flaxseed *optional
- 1 tbs unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 to 1 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (depending on your macros…I need 1 1/2 currently)
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Heat up a nonstick pan and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- When it’s up to temp (aim for medium) pour some of the batter onto the pan.
- Let it cook for a few minutes until the batter gets a little bubbly and you can see the edges are decently cooked.
- Flip! I like to gently press the spatula down on the pancake after it’s flipped to make sure the middle gets cooked.
- Remove from the pan and repeat! *This recipe makes one serving which is generally about 3 pancakes.
- I like to top these with some fresh blueberries and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
*I also play around with adding in 1/4 cup of pureed pumpkin, or substituting the cauliflower for an additional 1/4 cup of chopped zucchini. You could also add in some spices to your batter like nutmeg etc.
*The macros change depending on the protein powder you use, and how much of it. Personally, I like to use NLA for Her whey protein in the flavor Vanilla Cupcake. I sometimes will switch and use their Chocolate Eclair (but those turn out brown looking haha!)