Today I want to share with you my favorite healthy and clean breakfast! I eat this delicious pumpkin protein pancake every morning! Its my favorite way to start the day! Its fast, easy and super yummy! I have yet to get bored of it!
– old fashioned oats
– ground flaxseed
– liquid egg whites
– spices of your choice (I prefer cinnamon, ginger and allspice)
– pureed pumpkin (I buy cans of organic, nothing added pureed pumpkin)
– In your blender (I use a magic bullet) place 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats, 1 tbs ground flaxseed and your spices. Give this a quick blend so the oats are similar in texture to flour. Then pour this flour-like mixture into a mixing bowl.
– Add 1/4 cup of pureed pumpkin to your flour-like mixture in the bowl.
– Add 5/8 cup of egg whites to the bowl, and mix!
– When your mixture is thoroughly blended together, spray your cooking pan with nonstick spray. Pour your mixture on the pan and cook on medium heat for about 3 minutes.
– When the edges start to look cooked, give the pancake a test…see if you can flip it. If the pancake is too soft to flip still, let it cook a little longer on that side. If you can flip it, then do so and continue to let it cook for about a minute.
I eat this pancake with a little bit of peanut butter and a splash of Pure Grade B Maple Syrup. This is a healthy and filling delicious breakfast! Give it a try and let me know how you like it!