This week absolutely FLEW by! It was Monday and then all of a sudden it was Thursday?! Crazy fast!
Some awesome things that went on this past week…..
1. I made mini pumpkin pies from scratch! I’m talking full on, cut the entire pumpkin, roast it, mash it, puree it, make the filling, make the crust kind of homemade pumpkin pies. It took forever, but it was really satisfying to know that I made it completely from scratch. And to be 100% honest, it REALLY DOES taste better not from a can!!! I totally encourage you to try it, but be prepared to have it take an entire day! (Next time, I’m making a whole pie, not minis!)
2. My October Birchbox came! This month’s was featuring Goop (which, for those of you who don’t know, is Gwenyth Paltrow’s site.) It was a pretty good box, not my favorite though. I really don’t think there was any one product that I absolutely LOVED, except the Essie dark grey polish. But it was still fun to get and open, as well as try everything. I got a body wash, lip gloss, face serum, Luna bar, and an Essie polish. I totally recommend Birchbox if you aren’t signed up yet. I usually end up falling in love with at least one product!
3. I forgot my lunch one day this week and got to have this super delicious grilled cheese and tomato soup at the cafe at my work. YUMM!!! I’m so lucky I work at such a great place!
4. I made my very first ham! I guess I always thought it would be difficult, or dry out. Now, granted I’m not sure I can truly say I made the ham…..it was one of those big hams that has already been pre-cooked and you make the glaze and bake it. So I’d love to try making one that hasn’t been pre-cooked…however I honestly don’t know if you can? Where you get one? Idk. Maybe someday, Nathon and I can host a holiday, and I’ll make one. This one was still yummy though! The glaze was a cinnamon clove flavor. Perfect for fall!
5. My fiance’s roommate, Steven, bought our cat a new toy….which apparently doubles as a dog toy! The dog, Ozzy, pounces on it like a cat does! It is so funny to watch them play!!